In May of 1987, the Village of Glenwood instituted a real estate tax. When this tax is paid by the seller of the property, a real estate transfer tax stamp is issued by the Village. This Stamp will be affixed to the deed of that property when it is recorded in the buyer's name by the county. No deed on the Village of Glenwood property can be recorded without this transfer stamp.
REAL ESTATE TRANSFER TAX STAMP
REAL ESTATE TRANSFER TAX STAMP PROCEDURES
Real Estate Transfer Declaration Form
- Realtor checks, Money Orders & Personal Checks are NOT ACCEPTED for Transfer Stamps
- Processing fee for issuance of a Transfer Stamp is $5.00 of 1,000 of the selling price
- A copy of the sale contract is necessary to verify the selling price of the property.
EXEMPT REAL ESTATE TRANSFER STAMP
Exempt Real Estate Transfer Stamp Ordinance No. 2015-11
Certificate of Exemption Form
- Realtor Checks, Money Orders & Personal Checks are NOT ACCEPTED for Exempt Stamps.
- Processing fee for the issuance of an exempt stamp is $50.00
- A copy of the Deed
Acceptable forms of payment include:
- Cashiers Check
- Attorney's Check
- American Express
- Discover Card
Realtor checks, Money Orders & Personal Checks are NOT ACCEPTED For Transfer or Exempt Stamps